have questions? find your answers below:
We’re always happy to help, but first, you may find what you need here in the frequently asked questions
The winter season from December to April is the time that attracts the most visitors to Belize, but that may be more related to traditional holiday seasons than anything else. Daytime winter temperatures average 85°F while the sea also averages 85 degrees year-round. There is usually a light breeze from the ocean year-round, which makes the climate very pleasant, although there is also usually high humidity year-round. Our wedding and honeymoon guests chose May, June, and September when the climate is beautiful, the prices are lower, and the flowers are at their best. July and August are popular with family adventurers, and although they often experience a short rain shower, it is quickly over and easily managed. We feel that October and November are perhaps one of the most pleasant seasons. This is hurricane season in the Caribbean (see separate question below) which puts some people off, but quiet, warm, and a wonderful time to take a short break and relaxing break.
US dollars are widely accepted in Belize and would be the best currency to bring. The Belize dollar is pegged to the US dollar at a rate of US$1 to BZ$2. Major credit cards are accepted at our properties but are not widely used in small local stores or gas stations.
Check-in: 3:00 p.m.
Check-out: 11:00 a.m.
One child, 11 years and under, stays for free when using existing bedding and sharing a room with at least one adult.
Yes, view our packages at this link: https://thebelizecollection.com/packages/
Yes, we do have special discounts for our industry partners. To learn more, send us an email at [email protected]
Yes. There is an extra charge of US$30 plus tax per night.
Kindly contact your booking provider to make the necessary changes.
All our properties have a pool.
While we do not have a full-service spa at The Rainforest Lodge at Sleeping Giant, we can arrange onsite massage services for you. Both the Almond Beach Resort and Umaya Resort and Adventures have a spa.
Unfortunately, we don’t have a fitness center; however, we have an array of activities that will keep you active during your stay. Check them out here: https://thebelizecollection.com/activities/
Yes, we have bicycles for our guests to explore the area. Stop by our front desk and learn more.
Yes, we do have onsite activities that are free of charge. View them here: https://thebelizecollection.com/on-site-to-dos/
Yes, our resorts are equipped with internet connection.
Any cancellation of reservations or portions of reservations MUST be received in writing.
60+ days prior to arrival = 100% refund less US$100.00 processing fee.
31-59 days prior to arrival = 50% refund less US$100.00 processing fee.
0-30 days prior to arrival = NO refund.
No Show = NO Refund
Due to the above, it is HIGHLY recommended that all clients purchase “trip cancellation insurance” in order to cover a possible cancellation of 60days or less of initiating itinerary.
• The Belize Collection cannot be held responsible or liable for trip cancellations or altered itineraries due to reasons out of our control such as acts of God, including but not limited to heavy rains, flooding, storms, hurricanes, or any other natural occurrence. Whenever possible, another available tour will be substituted for tour cancellations.
• The Belize Collection is not responsible for refunding any portions of any itinerary which the clients do not use.
• For Peak Season, dates cancellations made after October 1st are non-refundable. No refunds will be given for unused hotel rooms, package portions, tours, or transfers for any reason.
• Packages, rooms, and services purchased for a specific Belize Collection resort are NOT transferable to another Belize Collection Resort.
Enhanced Cancellation Guarantee
If cancellation is received in writing 72 hours prior to arrival, due to a pandemic related issue; clients will be entitled to a full credit to be applied to a future date within a year from original travel date. (Fear or concern about traveling is generally not a covered reason for cancelling your trip)
100% deposit due if booking within 30 days of arrival (For both package & room only)
Room only- 50% deposit due at time of booking and the balance due 30 days prior to arrival
Package- 30% deposit due at time of booking and the balance due 30 days prior to arrival
Peak Dates (Dec 16-Jan 5) – Balance due is 60 days before arrival.
We currently accept only Visa and Mastercard credit cards.
Press & Collaboration Inquiries
To access official images for our properties send us an email at [email protected]
Feel free to send an email to our marketing team at [email protected]
Feel free to send an email to our marketing team at [email protected]
Please send an email with your media kit to [email protected]
Transportation / Directions
We offer road transfers from the airport to the resorts. To request pricing and book your transfer, send an email to [email protected].
We can also assist in booking a domestic flight for the following properties: The Lodge at Jaguar Reef, Almond Beach, Umaya Resort & Adventures.
The drive from the Belize International Airport (BZE) to The Rainforest Lodge at Sleeping Giant is approximately one hour and 20 minutes. Accessible by road only.
The Belize International Airport (BZE) to Hopkins, where The Lodge at Jaguar Reef, Almond Beach and the Colonial Inn are located, is approximately a two-hour drive. There is also a domestic airport (DGA) which is about a 20 minute drive from the resorts.
The Belize International Airport (BZE) to Placencia where Umaya Resort & Adventures is located is about a three-hour drive/road transfer. There is also a domestic airport (PLJ) which is about a 25-minute drive from the resort.
*Please note that transfers should be booked at least 48 hours prior to your arrival with payments.
Yes, US$15 plus tax per child per hour.
Restaurant hours are 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Reservations are encouraged and can be made with front desk.
The Lodge at Sleeping Giant bar hours are 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
The Lodge at Jaguar Reef bar hours are:
Infusion Bar: 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Charlie’s Pool Bar: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Big Dock Ceviche Bar: 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Umaya Resort and Adventures bar hours are:
Restaurante Laguna main bar: 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Fyah Bar pool bar: 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
For any special requests, feel free to send us an email at [email protected]
COVID 19 Regulations & Advisories
- Masks are encouraged but not required.
- Rooms are cleaned upon request.
- All common areas are cleaned and sanitized frequently.
- Effective July 12, 2022, the government of Belize has decided to remove all public health measures at the points of entry in Belize (Land and Sea).
- Effective July 12, 2022, purchase of the Belize Travel Health Insurance is now optional for entry but encouraged for protection against incurred medical and non-medical emergency expenses. For more information visit https://www.belizetravelinsurance.com
- Persons entering Belize are no longer required to download the Belize Health App prior to arrival.
Travelers should verify COVID 19 testing regulations with respective airlines prior to travel (departure & arrival) as they may vary.
- Travelers are required to complete the customs and immigration form that is provided during their flight.
- We recommend that travelers verify pre boarding requirements of the airline they choose to book their flights with.
- On site testing is not readily available.
- Travelers should verify with their airline and host country for any COVID-19 policies that may be in place before their return from Belize.
- Travelers requiring assistance with arranging a COVID PCR or Rapid Antigen test, should email [email protected] or visit their respective resort’s front desk.